Getting married in Miami can be an excellent option, it is a very popular, the town has incredible offers and beautiful landscapes tropical bathed in glamor. We recommend reading this article where we offer you tips and suggestions for plan your wedding in this beautiful city.
The first and foremost thing is to apply for a marriage license at Miami Marriage licenses are issued by court judges of the county, therefore, it is very important the presence of both members of the couple.
Once you have it in your hands, it is valid for 60 days within the entire State of Florida; in the same way it is not necessary to have a residence or citizenship to access this license. Nor should you present medical exams to carry out your wedding.
Requirements to get married in Miami
To obtain a marriage license in Miami you must present:
• Social Security number, your identification, identification card driver, passport or other identification that contains the signature, date of birth and the applicant’s photo, as well as must be older than age.
• If one of the bride and groom is between 16 and 18 years old, he must present the permission of parents or legal guardians. Children under 16 only will be able to marry if it is proven that they are pregnant or she already had children with his partner.
Proof of divorce if any of the members of the couple is divorced, as well as must have proof of the death of the spouse in case of being a widower.
• It is mandatory to participate in the premarital courses of four hours, which have been required of Florida residents since 1999.
However, if you do not want to pass these courses, you must wait 3 days until the license is effective. The cost of this license is 93.50 dollars, but attending a pre-marriage course drops to only 61dollars.
• They are authorized to offer the pre-marital courses graduates in psychology, family therapists, counselors of mental health, social services specialists, or members of a recognized religious institution.
• By obtaining your marriage license in Miami and completing the ceremony, the license is usually left with the wedding officiant.
He is in charge of delivering it to the marriage office in a within 10 days. In case the license of marriage not delivered to this office, the union will not have a legal recognition.