If you ask yourself: how much does a wedding in Cuba cost; we can tell you that this is a relative value that depends on factors such as family budget, fantasies or sumptuousness. If you have decided to marry on our island, you should know the importance of the bureaucratic procedures and legal particularities involved in this decision and its associated costs. Follow the link and check on our website all the offers of Wedding Packages. We highly recommend these excellent Beach Wedding Packages.
Marriage can be contracted on the Island by Cubans residing in Cuba and foreigners residing outside of Cuba; foreigners and Cubans residing in other countries who will travel to Cuba for the wedding, and Cubans residing abroad with Cubans residing in the national territory.
Foreigners must present:
– Certification of birth.
– If single, the certificate of singleness, faith of life and state or sworn statement authorized by the registrar of civil status or Notary Public. It is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
– If you are widowed: marriage certificate and death certificate of the deceased spouse.
– When divorced: literal sentence of divorce.
– Passport and permit to stay in Cuban territory.
If the documentation was not made in Spanish language, it needs to be translated and later legalized in the Cuban consulate in your country.
Cubans residing abroad must present (even when another citizenship has been acquired):
– Passport and permission to stay in Cuban territory.
– Cuban Birth Certificate.
– If divorced: certification of a final divorce sentence or copy of the notarial deed. If the document is in a foreign language, it must be translated into Spanish and legalized in the corresponding Cuban Consulate.
– If you are a woman and you have less than 300 days of divorce, counted from the extinction of the previous marriage, you must present the “medical certificate” that proves whether or not you are in gestation.
– If you are widowed: marriage certificate and death certificate of the ex-spouse, if the documents are foreign, they must be translated into Spanish and legalized in the corresponding Cuban Consulate.
Cubans living in our country must present:
– Identity card.
– Cuban Birth Certificate.
– If divorced: certification of a final divorce sentence or copy of a notarial deed.
– The woman who has less than 300 days of divorce, counted from the extinction of the previous marriage, must present a medical certificate that proves whether or not she is in gestation.
– Widowers: marriage certificate and death certificate of the ex-spouse.
– If you are a minor, you must present the authorization of both parents.
In the case of foreigners and Cubans residing abroad, the interested parties must present themselves with the entire documentation ready, at one of the offices of the “Consultoría Jurídica Internacional, S.A.” (CJI), where “Special Notaries” are located. These are located in the capitals of all Cuban provinces.
How much does it cost to get married? Notary Fees
The notary fees that you should know are: the instruction of the marriage file, formalization and delivery of two marriage certificates (525.00 CUC), the protocolization of birth, single or death certificates provided for the formalization of the act (100.00 CUC), immediacy for cases that are requested (service provided only by the formalization of the marriage in a term of 24 hours, 75.00 CUC) and Stamp seals (100.00 in national currency, CUP, some 4 CUC). The service fee is paid four or five days in advance, at the time you are making the request.
The place where the wedding takes place can be from a local enabled in the notary’s office to a hotel, lounge, restaurant, private house … In the second case will be added the additional payment for the transfer of the notary and constitution away from headquarters. For the presence of the notary outside the headquarters of the CJI during working hours, 100.00 CUC.
For the presence of the notary outside the headquarters of the CJI outside working hours, 150.00 CUC.
The ceremony is another of the key aspects when it comes to the economic issue. This is not very different in Cuba with respect to other countries. In our agency we can offer you several wedding packages for all economies: Beach wedding packages, Honeymoon wedding packages, ecological wedding packages, etc.
In our agency we can organize your wedding party in places like the Hotel Nacional, the Cathedral of Havana or the Castle of the Three Kings of the Morro; or if you prefer it a beautiful beach or property, with select menus and buffet of first level. You can order an open bar, disco, DJ, photography and video service, honeymoon accommodation, cars, and more.