If you ask yourself: how much does a wedding in Cuba cost; we can tell you that this is a relative value that depends on factors such as family budget, fantasies or sumptuousness. If you have decided to marry on our island, you should know the importance of the bureaucratic procedures and legal particularities involved in this decision and its associated costs. Follow the link and check on our website all the offers of Wedding Packages. We highly recommend these excellent Beach Wedding Packages.
Marriage can be contracted on the Island by Cubans residing in Cuba and foreigners residing outside of Cuba; foreigners and Cubans residing in other countries who will travel to Cuba for the wedding, and Cubans residing abroad with Cubans residing in the national territory.
Foreigners must present:
- Certification of birth.
- If single, the certificate of singleness, faith of life and state or sworn statement authorized by the registrar of civil status or Notary Public. It is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.
- If you are widowed: marriage certificate and death certificate of the deceased spouse.
- When divorced: literal sentence of divorce.
- Passport and permit to stay in Cuban territory.
If the documentation was not made in Spanish language, it needs to be translated and later legalized in the Cuban consulate in your country.
Cubans residing abroad must present (even when another citizenship has been acquired):
- Passport and permission to stay in Cuban territory.
- Cuban Birth Certificate.
- If divorced: certification of a final divorce sentence or copy of the notarial deed. If the document is in a foreign language, it must be translated into Spanish and legalized in the corresponding Cuban Consulate.
- If you are a woman and you have less than 300 days of divorce, counted from the extinction of the previous marriage, you must present the “medical certificate” that proves whether or not you are in gestation.
- If you are widowed: marriage certificate and death certificate of the ex-spouse, if the documents are foreign, they must be translated into Spanish and legalized in the corresponding Cuban Consulate.
Cubans living in our country must present:
- Identity card.
- Cuban Birth Certificate.
- If divorced: certification of a final divorce sentence or copy of a notarial deed.
- The woman who has less than 300 days of divorce, counted from the extinction of the previous marriage, must present a medical certificate that proves whether or not she is in gestation.
- Widowers: marriage certificate and death certificate of the ex-spouse.
- If you are a minor, you must present the authorization of both parents.
In the case of foreigners and Cubans residing abroad, the interested parties must present themselves with the entire documentation ready, at one of the offices of the “Consultoría Jurídica Internacional, S.A.” (CJI), where “Special Notaries” are located. These are located in the capitals of all Cuban provinces.
How much does it cost to get married? Notary Fees
The notarial fees that you should know are: the instruction of the marriage file, formalization and delivery of two marriage certificates, the protocolization of the birth, single or death certificates provided for the formalization of the act, immediacy for the cases that are requested, and stamp stamps.
The place where the wedding takes place can be from a local authorized in the notarial headquarters to a hotel, lounge, restaurant, home … In the second case, the additional payment for the transfer of the notary away from the headquarters will be added.
Here is a summary:
Costs for natural persons with permanent residence in Cuba
- Stamp as a tax levied on notarial public documents: 5.00 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of marriage between Cuban citizens in the Notarial Unit: 75.00 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of marriage between Cuban citizens outside the Notarial Public: 300.00 CUP (Cuban pesos).
Costs for natural persons with permanent residence outside of Cuba, and foreign persons not permanent residents in the national territory
- Stamp. Tax on notarial public documents: 125 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of marriages between Cuban citizens and foreigners within the Notary Public: 13125 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of the marriage between Cuban citizens and foreigners outside the notarial headquarters: During business hours: 2500 CUP (Cuban pesos). Outside working hours: 3750 CUP (Cuban pesos). With Immediacy (24 hours): 1875 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of marriages between foreign citizens: 7500 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Formalization of marriages between foreigners as part of tourist offers: 10,000 CUP (Cuban pesos).
- Protocolization of documents to contract marriage (certifications of singleness, birth or death provided to formalize the act): 2500 CUP (Cuban pesos, each).
The ceremony is another of the key aspects when talking about marriage. This is not very different in Cuba with respect to other countries. In our agency we can offer you several wedding packages for all economies: Cheap wedding packages, with Honeymoon, in houses for parties, in hotels, ect.
In our agency we can organize your wedding party in places like the Hotel Nacional, the Club Habana, the Divina Pastora or the Castillo de Los Tres Reyes del Morro; or if you prefer, a beautiful beach or farm, with select menus and a first-rate buffet. You can order open bar, disco, DJ, photography and video service, honeymoon accommodation, vintage cars or any fantasy.